Re: DEBIAN_WIKI: multiple displays question

On Friday 18 Jul 2008 20:07:51 Damon L. Chesser wrote:
> Truly I don't know.  My desktop has two monitors (Nvidia driver).  I have
> yet to try to connect a monitor to my laptop, but I bet it will work.  I
> have wondered about this as well.  I know people on this list have used an
> external monitor on there laptop.  What is your proposed use?  Perhaps
> someone here can give you info?

I've had terrible times recently.

My laptop uses the "nvidia" driver. I had been using X with TwinView
configuration for long. Sometime around 6 months back, one fine day, my
TwinView setup stopped working. I can't recollect why.

Since I've found nobody else talking about the problem, I believe my vga port
might have gone bad.

But when I saw the text in the wiki, I've regenerated some hope that it might
be the X server which might have the support removed (but that would be the
rarest case).

I can't try install windows anymore because the entire hdd is already occupied
by debian.

So, with current "nvidia" binarly-only drivers, are people able to set
TwinView.

Ritesh
--
Ritesh Raj Sarraf