Re: Using xserver-xorg-video-radeon with an Ati Radeon 9600 Pro

Henry-Nicolas Tourneur wrote:
> I'm now running the updated (ati -> radeon) driver. But I expected
> something more performant (I'm using a 1680x1050 screen). While seeing
> this [0], I expected to be able to play at Nexuiz for example, but I'v
> got only 1FPS. So I would like to know if I missed something during my
> configuration (see xorg.conf attached) or if it is the driver fault ?
>
> TIA.
>
> PS : Please CC me as I'm not subscribed to the list.
>
> [0]http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=ati_r500_3d&num=1

 This [0] talks about r500, you have a r300, so I don't think you can
expect the same performance. That said, I don't know what Nexuiz
performance requirements are. 1FPS seems very low. I don't see anything
wrong in your config. Make sure that DRI works fine (look at the output
of glxinfo), and if your board is an AGP, you might want to check the
AGP mode in your Xorg.log.

Brice