Re: complexitiy of backporting xserver-xorg-video-intel

On Mon, Jun  9, 2008 at 14:41:16 +0200, Marvin Stark wrote:

> Hi,
>
> could you tell me how much work it will take to backport
> xserver-xorg-video-intel for debian etch?
>
> What dependencys need to be backported?

Depends what you want to do.  If you just want basic 2d functionality,
the driver pretty much works as is (with a copy of some xserver code
from recent versions); I intend to upload that to proposed-updates for
etch+1/2.  If you want 3d accel, you'll need to backports bits of the
X server and mesa; I'm told Red Hat has done that for RHEL 5.2, but
haven't looked at it myself and probably won't have time to do that.

Cheers,
Julien