Re: [Bug #473260] Consider it to DI ERRATA

On Tuesday 15 April 2008, Julien Cristau wrote:

> If this is still necessary with sid's X server, please file a bug
> against the xserver-xorg-core package, including a full log
> (/var/log/Xorg.0.log) with the "ModeDebug" option turned on in
> xorg.conf (in the Device section).  We need to get these things fixed.

Is there any indication when we may see sid's X server in testing? Given the
major changes in the X server, it would be great to see it get a lot more
testing during new installs than we are currently getting.

The current lack of new install testing of X is IMO one of the greater
threats to the quality of Lenny. We're losing time to respond (read: fix)
to issues that may only be discovered after a migration of xserver-xorg.

I also wonder if further delaying the migration of X is really a good choice
at this point, given that there are also pretty serious issues with the
version of X that is currently in testing.

Cheers,
FJP