Re: Xorg and GB18030 support

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 13:54:36 -0400, Ashish Kapadia wrote:

> I'm currently using Ubuntu 7.10.  My investigation seems to suggest
> that the XOrg by default does not support GB18030 locale in the Xlib.

Could you share what makes you think that?  I see a zh_CN.gb18030
directory in /usr/share/X11/locale/ with the appropriate files, so that
should be used if you set your environment to the zh_CN.gb18030 locale.

This is not Debian-specific, though, so if you really think something is
missing you should contact the xorg developers upstream at
xorg@lists.freedesktop.org (subscriber-only, though).

Cheers,
Julien