selecting Xv output in clone screen configuration?

Hi,

after upgrading to the latest unstable ati driver my Dell Inspiron 9300
(R300 chipset) now clones the LCD panel on the external DVI port. This
is good, as I hooked it to a large screen with the same 1920x1200
resolution.

But now the problem is that any video using Xv only displays on the
laptop panel, not on the external screen.

How can I have the Xv output transferred on the external port?

Thanks,