Re: xserver-xorg-input-acecad: Changes to 'debian-unstable'

On Sun, Apr 29, 2007 at 06:46:51PM +0200, Brice Goglin wrote:
> David Nusinow wrote:
> > Hi Brice,
> >
> > On Fri, Apr 27, 2007 at 04:42:17PM +0000, Brice Goglin wrote:
> >
> >> commit bce94b7f83ebcc01bdbe895cc96cef3b51082e4f
> >> Author: Brice Goglin <Brice.Goglin@ens-lyon.org>
> >> Date:   Fri Apr 27 18:35:37 2007 +0200
> >>
> >>     New upstream release 1.1.1
> >>

> > Could you push the upstream pull to the upstream-unstable branch also?
> >

> Should be OK now. I messed up with xserver-xorg-video-cirrus (I pushed
> one upstream commit that is not in debian-unstable yet), but thanks to
> Julien's explanations, the other drivers should be OK.

Awesome, thank you. Don't worry if the archive doesn't match up perfectly,
we all make mistakes.

> All input drivers are ready to be uploaded to unstable (experimental
> branch merged into unstable, updated to new upstream (except mouse 1.2),
> and several stuff updated in debian/), but some of them got so few
> changes that uploading them right now is pretty useless (and some won't
> even build with input-proto 1.4 currently in unstable).

Yeah, we'll have to figure out what to do about them. Dropping the ones
that aren't maintained upstream and don't build might be the right move.

> There are more upstream changes in the video drivers. I plan to finish
> preparing them within a couple days. I won't touch video-ati until 6.7
> is not in release candidate state anymore. And I am not sure I should
> touch video-ivtvdev as I did for the others.

Cool, sounds good. I'd wait on ivtvdev too since we have a dedicated
maintainer for that.

 - David Nusinow