Re: compiz: Changes to 'debian-experimental'

Brice Goglin wrote:

> Right now, compiz is in our git repo, with 0.3.6 in the debian-unstable
> branch and 0.5.0 in the debian-experimental branch. So if you want
> 0.5.0, just do:
>     git clone git://git.debian.org/git/pkg-xorg/app/compiz.git
>     cd compiz
>     git-checkout -b debian-experimental origin/debian-experimental
> and pass -i.git to dpkg-buildpackage when building

I did that and I've got two problems:

The first was when I tried to clone, I had to use
"cg clone git://git.debian.org/git/pkg-xorg/app/compiz.git"

And the second appeared when I tried to use git-checkout, It said that

"# git-checkout -b debian-experimental origin/debian-experimental
git checkout: updating paths is incompatible with switching branches/forcing
Did you intend to checkout 'origin/debian-experimental' which can not be
resolved as commit?".

I tried to fix using
"git-checkout -b debian-experimental"

But didn't worked because the version that came out was 0.3.6 and I'm
interested in 0.5.0.

Any advice?