Re: X.org plans for the lenny cycle

On Sat, Apr 14, 2007 at 10:25:31AM -0400, David Nusinow wrote:
> > 1) active probing of video cards to allow a more dynamic setting and
> > resetting of video modes used.  This work is mostly complete already
> > (available in experimental xserver-xorg-video-intel, soon to appear in
> > unstable).
>
> To expand on Drew's excellent summary further, there is support in a
> development branch for the -ati driver for this as well, but it's not ready
> yet.

BTW, is there any chance that the -ati driver is going to include support
for newer cards, the Radeon X series? It's sort of pointless for any newer
machine, it won't even start X...

I recently actually got sufficiently pissed off at both the ati and fglrx
drivers that I went out and bought an nv/nvidia card, both of whose drivers
actually work properly.

(Please Cc: responses, I'm not subscribed to -x.)

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.