Re: backporting compizconfig-python 0.6.0-3

hey emilio,

On Wednesday 19 December 2007 06:20:46 pm Emilio Scalise wrote:
> In Etch python-all-dev doesn't depend on python2.5-dev. I've added it to
> debian/control.
> Although this, it doesn't build the python2.5 version of the library.

hm... i'd say then that something is wrong with debian/rules and friends or
the build environment.

ideally, we shouldn't need to say anything specific about python versions in
the dependencies unless the code itself doesn't work/build with a specific
version of python (i.e. i think there's a bug about it not working with 2.3).
debian/rules and helpers should simply build against the available python
versions in the build environment, and only install extensions for those
versions.

then again, i'm not exactly a python related stuff packaging expert (read:
this is my first python-related package)

	sean