Bug#453336: compiz: doesn't render java windows properly (matlab/mathematica/maple)
- To: Micha Feigin <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Bug#453336: compiz: doesn't render java windows properly (matlab/mathematica/maple)
- From: Michel Dänzer <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 11:43:34 +0100
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: Michel Dänzer <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Wed, 2007-11-28 at 22:36 +0200, Micha Feigin wrote:
> Version: 1:0.6.99+git20071119-shame-0
Please don't report problems with non-Debian packages to the Debian BTS.
(The packager of those could prevent this at least with sane bug
> compiz doesn't seem to be able to render java based programs properly.
> matlab (2007a) doesn't show the menubar at all
> maple (11) doesn't show the content of the main window
> mathematica opens two extra blank windows that can't be closed (maybe
> the kernel according to a google search)
There are known bugs in Java vs. compositing managers. The compositing
manager has no direct influence on application window contents.
Earthling Michel Dänzer | http://tungstengraphics.com
Libre software enthusiast | Debian, X and DRI developer