Bug#441181: xserver-xorg-video-ati: does not detect monitor
- To: Michal Suchanek <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com
- Subject: Bug#441181: xserver-xorg-video-ati: does not detect monitor
- From: Brice Goglin <Brice.Goglin@ens-lyon.org>
- Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 12:52:28 +0100
- Message-id: <20071111115228.GA29574@loulous.org>
- Reply-to: Brice Goglin <Brice.Goglin@ens-lyon.org>, firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <46E17226.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <46EA2477.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, Sep 17, 2007 at 08:44:24PM +0200, Michal Suchanek wrote:
> > First make sure you are using the latest bits from ati git, then if
> > you still have lockups, check bugzilla (https://bugs.freedesktop.org)
> > for similar bugs and possibly file a new bug. What sort of lock up
> > (3D related, blank screen, etc.)?
> It was already referenced earlier, I first experienced it with the
> ubuntu build of the 6.6.193 and 6.7.192 ati drivers.
> Usually the mouse stays movable (sometimes not), some minor screen
> corruption appears (sometimes not), the picture no longer updates (or
> the corruption keeps spreading), and keyboard stops working. Sometimes
> stuff like power button works. Sometimes it does not but it might be
> that there is nothing configured on it when booting from the livecd.
> Most often it happens while running Firefox but once I saw it while
> running a terminal with aptitude under gnome.
Any news about this bug? Anything better with 1:6.7.195-2 currently