Debian X.org vs. Sun Ray

Dear Debian X11 team,

I have some touble with our Sun Ray Thin Clients and the X11 Packages from
Debian. I hope you may know a solution.

We are using Ray Thin Clients from Sun Microsystems at our Faculty. The
Sun Ray Terminals are connected to a Solaris server runnig the Sun Ray
Server Software. In the past we were able to use our Debian machines over
this thin clients. The Sun Ray Server and our Debian machines are
connected using X11 and XDMCP:

SunRay terminal->SunRayServerSoftware->X11->DebianHost

My Debian host is listed in the browselist on the SunRays, but if I try to
connect it will take some seconds and I'll be back to the browselist
again.

If I try to connect directly by entering the hostname of the Debian Host I
can see the login screen of kdm, but if try to login I will be back on the
SunRay login screen.

I have the same problem with Debian Etch, Ubuntu Feisty Fawn and with
Gutsy Gibbon. But with SuSE 10.2 everything works well. In the past we
have used this setup with Sarge and it worked some years without trouble.

It's also possible to connect to the Debian hosts from another Linux
machine, without problems.

I compared the configuration of the Debian/Ubuntu system with the
configuration of the SuSE system, but I don't found anything peculiar.

I also tried alternative login managers like gdm or xdm but this won't
change anything.

I also checked Xaccess and the other configuration files and I'm believe
they are ok.

So I have the feeling there is something special in the X.org Packages of
Debian which may cause the conflicts with the SunRayServerSoftware (SRSS).

I attached my kdmrc for your information, maybe it will help.

Do you have an idea about this problem?

Best regards
Sascha Haupt
--
Fachschaft 04
Fakultät für Elektrotechnik und Informationstechnik

Web:  http://fs.ee.hm.edu
Tel.: 089/1265-3429