Re: xorg-server: Changes to 'debian-unstable'

On Tue, Nov 06, 2007 at 08:21:37AM +0100, Brice Goglin wrote:
> David Nusinow wrote:
> > On Tue, Nov 06, 2007 at 04:33:23AM +0000, David Nusinow wrote:
> > <snip>
> >
> > Since ftpmaster is having issues, I've uploaded packages for this snapshot
> > to http://people.debian.org/~dnusinow/xorg-server-1.4.1pre/ so people
> > don't
> > have to build it themselves. That directory is also an apt archive, so you
> > can add it to your sources.list if you don't feel like downloading by
> > hand.
> >
> > - David Nusinow
> >

> Please remember to look at "Various patches to apply/cherry-pick/pull" in
> http://wiki.debian.org/XStrikeForce/BTS. I often add commit ids that we need
> to cherry pick from upstream master.
>
> This time, we need 48ca5961caee62f2980017a6bdc96a1b4c747727 to fix
> DisplaySize
> (otherwise DDC is always used, and can't be overriden from xorg.conf).

We should be nominating these for inclusion upstream then. Cherry-picking
them is probably the wrong move when Daniel is actively looking for commits
to use for the 1.4.1 release.

> In fact, as said on IRC, I also built a snapshot with this patch earlier
> yesterday but I didn't push it to git since I couldn't upload. Anyway,
> 1.4.1 was looking good from here too. The only thing I noticed was that
> the autorepeat looked very fast, but I am not really sure it was caused
> by the new Xserver and not by me...

I didn't tag anything yet for this exact reason. Feel free to add the
cherry pick and and any others, and when we can actually upload -1 we can
create the tag. If you don't want to nominate the changes for 1.4.1, I can
do it, just let me know.

 - David Nusinow