Attn: David Nusinow, re: glint PCI table and the shell

Hi David,

Saw this on #debian-x:

23:26 < gravity> Oh my god... the glint pci id table is insane
23:26 < gravity> Manageable I guess, but irritatingly complicated
23:29  * KiBi patpats gravity
23:38 < gravity> Ok, yeah. This one's going to be a static file. I really
  don't feel like figuring out how to warp shell in to making something right
  out of this:
23:38 < gravity> #define PCI_VENDOR_TI_CHIP_PERMEDIA2    \ ((PCI_VENDOR_TI
<< 16) | PCI_CHIP_TI_PERMEDIA2)
23:38 < gravity> ^ more pain than it's worth for a temporary hack
23:39 < gravity> Internally though, that's actually a pretty good way to do
  things. It'll work well for pci-rework

You have access to bitwise operations in standard POSIX shell arithmetic.

$ echo $(( 1 << 5 ))
32
$ echo $(( 1 << 5 | 4 ))
36

--
G. Branden Robinson                |      Never underestimate the power of
Debian GNU/Linux                   |      human stupidity.