Re: Help offer: bug triage

Brice Goglin wrote:
> Lior Kaplan wrote:
>> This mail is sent to several people / mainlists. Please don't reply to
>> all, but only to the relevant ones.
>>
>> I've recently finished the openoffice.org bug triage [1], and I'm
>> looking for another candidate for similar triages.
>>
>> I've notices that your packages (a) has a (relatively) large number of
>> bugs, or (b) a diversity of versions available without confirmation that
>> the bug do exist in the latest one.
>>
>> If you're interested with getting help regarding this issue, please
>> reply. I'd be happy to hear suggestions about the goals of the triage of
>> your package.
>>
>> This mail is sent to the maintainers of these source packages:
>> xorg
>> xorg-server
>
> I am kind of sad to receive this mail since I just spent about 6 months
> triaging our bugs :) See
> http://ftp.es.debian.org/~ender/XSF_bugs/graphs/total-year.png

I guess this is a side effect of dealing with popular packages.

You did a good job, and inspired others.

> Unfortunately, most of our 850 remaining bugs (570 if I remove the
> forwarded and wontfix ones) still occur. If you want to go ahead and fix
> them, that would be nice too :)

If I could fix the bugs myself, I would have joined the x strike force...

But I thought about these goals for the bug triage:
1. Confirm all bugs to still be relevant for xorg version 7.2-5 and
xorg-server version 1.3.0.0.
2. Close bugs which can't be confirmed and the submitter is not
responsive (3 pings during 6 weeks time).

Any other suggestions? Is what I'm offering OK by you?

--
Lior Kaplan
kaplan@debian.org

GPG fingerprint:
C644 D0B3 92F4 8FE4 4662  B541 1558 9445 99E8 1DA0