clone DVI output on an (ati) Inspiron 9300

Hi,

Using the latest debian unstable packages, I'm trying to clone the
display of my Dell Inspiron 9300 (Radeon Mobility M300) to its DVI
output.

I succeeded in getting the DVI head to work with:

  Option      "MonitorLayout" "TMDS, AUTO"

but then the laptop's internal LCD blanks out. I tried many variations
of that option without success.

In the debian packages I couldn't find any docs on the ati driver's
various options.

Is there a specific xorg documentation package or README.ati somewhere?

Has someone been able to clone his screen on an external monitor through
the DVI plug?

Thanks,