Re: xorg-server: Changes to 'debian-unstable'

On Sat, 2007-07-14 at 01:23 +0000, Julien Cristau wrote:

>    [ Brice Goglin ]
> -  * Add 47_fbdevhw_magic_numbers.diff.
> +  * Add 47_fbdevhw_magic_numbers.diff: patch by Adam Jackson to keep the
> +    fbdev2xfree_timing() function from changing the pixel clock value if the
> +    fbdev driver claims that it is 0.

Has there been any attempt to find out why the original code (written by
Geert Uytterhoeven I'd guess) does what it does? AFAICT the framebuffer
devices that need this patch are just broken and should be fixed.

I find it disturbing that distros are again accumulating patches like
this and not pushing them upstream.