future plans for compiz / compiz-fusion

Hi folks

(please CC me on all follow-ups, i'm not subscribed)

As some of you who hang around on #debian-x know, i've been recently talking a
bit about getting some kind of compiz configuration manager (ccsm
specifically) and the latest compiz fusion plugins into debian.  the trouble
is with all the compiz/beryl fussing going around lately, things have gotten
a bit messy.

to the point, none of the new plugins/apps/libraries related to compiz can go
in until we update the compiz source package, as there are incompatible
api/abi changes.

i've written a description of the situation and a plan forward here:

http://wiki.debian.org/XStrikeForce/Compiz

short version of my recommendation is
  * update compiz
  * take source packages for everything else from ubuntu

i'll have some free time in the next couple weeks, and plan on helping along
this path if there are no objections (i've already spoken privately with
thierry to make sure i'm not stepping on anyone's toes)

questions/comments welcome

	sean