Re: Kernel panic and Oops only with i810 driver

Mario Lopez wrote:
> It happens only with x86_64 / AMD64 port, before I was using x86 port and all work fine,
> I have an EMT64 capable processor and runs debian great, all services works fine
> except xserver-xorg with driver i810, let me say that the error is just when
>

> unloading X...
> Using i810 driver I can use the Render, 3D accel,Composite Extension, Compiz etc but always when Shuts down the Computer I get a balnk screen with a Kernel
> Panic, I think to set the driver to VESA and works and shutdown without problems but haven´t DRI, 3D Accel,Composite etc.

Even if the X server might be doing bad things leading to this
panic/oops, a kernel panic or a oops is definitely a kernel problem in
the beginning. I suggest you try with another kernel, either older (to
see whether it's a regression) and more recent (to see if it has been
fixed, for instance with upcoming 2.6.22-rc1).
If it's not fixed yet, you should send all this information to the Linux
kernel mailing list.

Once the kernel problem is fixed, we'll see if there's something to fix
in the X server too :)

Brice