Re: Multimedia apps crashes with libxcb esp xine,gmplayer

On 4/27/07, Brice Goglin <Brice.Goglin@ens-lyon.org> wrote:
Prakash J Kokkatt wrote:
> I have to report this again as i cant play any multimedia Video  using
> Xine,Mplayer etc from a month.I am using latest Xorg of Debian
> Experimental repo+Unstable.
> below are the info:
> Package: libxcb1
> Source: libxcb
> Version: 1.0-1.2

I guess you have libx11-6 2:1.1.1-1, right? It uses XCB which raises
some problems, at least with Java, and probably also in some other
applications.  Your problem doesn't look similar to the usual XCB
assertions, but just in case, could you try after downgrading libx11-6
1.0.3 from unstable?

Brice

Yes.i got version libx11-6 2:1.1.1-1 installed.I downgraded to try what u said.
Filename: pool/main/libx/libx11/libx11-6_1.0.3-7_i386.deb
xine and gmplayer crashed as usual.see the error msgs
:prakash@sid:~$ xine
This is xine (X11 gui) - a free video player v0.99.5cvs.
(c) 2000-2006 The xine Team.
X Error of failed request:  BadAccess (attempt to access private
resource denied)
 Major opcode of failed request:  141 (XVideo)
 Minor opcode of failed request:  19 ()
 Serial number of failed request:  2605

But then this downgrade- it fixed my Azureus and java apps crash :)  thx .