Re: backporting xserver-xorg-video-intel 1.9.94

On Tue, Apr 10, 2007 at 00:20:53 +0200, emisca wrote:

> I would like to backport using pbuilder the new 2.0rc intel driver
> that it's present in the experimental branch of debian.

For what distribution are you trying to backport it?  Assuming you mean
etch for now...

> Could anyone explain me which is the correct chain of dependencies to
> have a well compiled xorg 1.2.99 server + mesa 6.5.2 +
> xserver-xorg-video-intel 1.9.94?
>
> I think it should be, please correct me if I'm wrong:
> - libdrm 2.3
> - mesa 6.5.2
> - xorg-core 1.2.99
> - xserver-xorg-video-intel 1.9.94

You need x11proto-randr and x11proto-damage somewhere before the server.

> Is there any way to compile it against etch's xorg 7.1?

I'm not sure.  The needed files from the server sources are present in
the xf86-video-intel tarballs, so it might just work.  It's probably not
very well tested though, so if you run into problems you might want to
report them on xorg@lists.freedesktop.org.

> If I want to have the new randr 1.2 support, what libs are needed
> (perhaps in addition to libxrandr)?

libXrandr is only needed for the xrandr command-line client (included in
xbase-clients in Debian), IIRC.

> Is there a list of the correct building order of the complete new
> modular xorg present in experimental? I've seen that there are many
> libs, and it's very difficult to manually build a dependency list..

Not that I know of.  Most of the libs didn't have any big changes
though, so libdrm+mesa+libXrandr might be sufficient.

Cheers,
Julien