xserver-xorg-video-i810-modesetting Getting Started

Debian X Strike Force,

I would like to start experimenting with the i810-modesetting package to be able to run dual heads, one at 1024x768 and the other at 1440x900. I am using an IBM/Lenovo X60 with an Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950 on an Intel 945GM Chipset. I have had some success with 915-resolution, but the results are not acceptable; I would like to get my hands dirty with the new modesetting branch.  What packages do I need to have to start experimenting with the modesetting branch?

Thanks for the hard work,
--
Paul Strefling
Michigan State Formula Racing