Re: git commit mail now truncated to 1000 lines

On Sunday 01 April 2007 14:31, Brice Goglin wrote:
> Some git commit mails are dropped because they are too big for the list
> (100kB). To be sure it does not happen again, I added "head -n 1000" to
> the update hook on alioth. It's not very nice, but I think it's better
> than not having any notification mail when a big change is committed.
> Of course, if anybody wants to write a nice solution, feel free to so.

It would be better to just route the commit mails through the PTS instead
of sending them to the mailing list, as was discussed [1] a few months
back. That would also get lid of the size limit.

Cheers,
FJP

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-x/2006/12/msg00741.html