Re: dexconf should default to PCI:1:0:0 ?

I'm following up to a very old debian-x message which I found on google
when my sarge install baffled me by demanding to know my video card's
PCI address.  Branden's explanation immediately got me going again,
but since he asks for suggestions to avoid this problem which bothered
me the same way it bothered someone else almost 3 years ago, I will offer
a suggestion (see below).