Re: xserver-xorg-video-intel_1.9.91-1_i386.changes is NEW

On Mon, 2007-03-12 at 19:54 +1100, Drew Parsons wrote:

> Ctrl-Alt-Backspace in particular seems to freeze the system solid,
> from the Gnome login screen at least.

Doesn't it 'just' lose the display because the attempt to call an
unresolved function kills the X server immediately, with no chance to
restore console etc.?

> The gdm log says "/usr/bin/X: symbol lookup error:
> /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers//i810_drv.so: undefined symbol:
> i830PipeFindClosestMode"

So that's the actual problem; apparently, it only tries to call that
function on server shutdown. You're saying this doesn't happen with
"intel" instead of "i810" in xorg.conf?

All references to this symbol have been removed in current git, FWIW.

> I notice there are some i2c errors in the log, and that
> usr/lib/xorg/modules/libi2c.so, and libddc.so, are missing in
> xserver-xorg-core 1.2.99.901.  How concerned should we be about them?

Not at all, as the log file says, these have been moved into the server
binary itself.