Re: xserver-xorg-video-intel_1.9.91-1_i386.changes is NEW

> > (new) xserver-xorg-video-intel_1.9.91-1_i386.deb optional x11
> > (new) xserver-xorg-video-intel_1.9.91.orig.tar.gz optional x11
>
> Hi,
>
> waiting for the package to clear NEW for the rename, I put what I
> uploaded at http://people.debian.org/~jcristau/xserver-xorg-video-intel/

I'm trying it now, seems to work beautifully with Xorg 1.3 (1.2.99.901).

It got confused between i810 and intel. I rebooted to get a clean slate
upon which it started working with no further problems.  Took a few
more seconds to start up than before, but ran fine after that. None of
the screen flickering I saw in earlier modesetting versions.

The initial problem was that /etc/X11/xorg.conf still had the driver
marked marked as i810.  We'll have to think of a clean way to
automatically upgrade it to intel.  I imagine we'd want to place the
logic for this update into the i810 dummy package rather than the new
intel package, so that any new installations will only ever deal with
intel, without any i810 complications.

The intel module version is listed as 11.91.91, which looks a bit odd
(should look like 1.9.91).  I guess it's probably an upstream matter.

Drew