Re: X11R7.2

On Sat, 10 Feb 2007, Julien Cristau wrote:

Hi Julien,

I just looked at your diff.gz, and here are some comments:
- the serverabiver file doesn't seem to be used anywhere (at least on a
 quick grep in the drivers I didn't find anything), do we need to keep
 it?

I have no idea, really :)

- when you sync from debian, it seems that the old ubuntu changelog
 entries are removed, which means the explanation for your patches
 disappear, if they're not in the patch header; it makes it difficult
 to know what the patches are supposed to fix (patch 102, eg)

Yes, that was unfortunate.. I can put the changelog in there so you can have a look. I'll do a proper merge for the "final" version ;)

Patches we don't seem to have:
* 102_ubuntu_sharevts_load_cpu.patch
* 110_fedora_no_move_damage.patch
* 104_fedora_init_origins_fix.patch
* 106_ubuntu_fpic_libxf86config.patch (don't know what this is supposed to
 do, libxf86config is a static lib afaics, it shouldn't need -fPIC)
* 107_fedora_dont_backfill_bg_none.patch
* 108_fedora_gl_include_inferiors.patch
* 114_fedora_no_composite_in_xnest.patch
* 120_fedora_disable_offscreen_pixmaps.diff
* 121_only_switch_vt_when_active.diff
* 123_no_composite_for_xvfb_run.patch (adds -extension Composite to
 XVFBARGS in debian/local/xvfb-run, we may want to include that?)

I didn't do much research if some of those are obsolete, they just apply cleanly after a refresh..

Does anyone know the status of these patches wrt upstream inclusion?
Patch 114 explicitely says it's a "terrible hack", so that one probably
doesn't qualify :)

heh, after googling a bit I found it:

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg-commit/2006-August/008627.html

(it's funny how many hits you get with "XXX terrible hack" :)