Re: X11R7.2

On Fri, Feb  9, 2007 at 17:02:46 +0200, Timo Aaltonen wrote:

> 	Hi!
>
>   Seems that you are uploading x.org R7.2 to experimental as I write, nice :)
>
> For some strange reason I started to update the Ubuntu xorg-stuff two
> nights ago, and I spent most of yesterday merging xserver-xorg. So, in
> order to avoid duplicate effor I've put xorg-server here for you to
> take a look:
>
> http://users.tkk.fi/~tjaalton/xorg72/
>
> I hope it makes it easy for you to cherry pick what you find useful..
> (note that I haven't even built it yet)

Thanks, I'll have a look.  Note that xorg-server 1.2.0 is in the
debian-experimental branch at git.d.o.

> ps. a question about mesa; what makes the diff so big, does it have
> some extra sources "merged"? I haven't found any reference as in what
> it might be..

Apparently there's lots of files in the upstream git repo which aren't
in the tarballs, so since we merged our repo with freedesktop.org this
stuff got added.  I removed some of it, but the rest still shows up in
the debian diff.

> pps. I should've checked the ml earlier, since git.debian.org isn't exactly
> realtime :)

It is, but for xorg 7.2 stuff you need to look at the
debian-experimental branch in each repository.  The default page only
shows you the debian-unstable branch, which will not be very active
until etch is out.

Cheers,
Julien