Re: is there (could there be) a digest for debian-x?

On Thu, Feb 08, 2007 at 11:26:06PM -0500, Matto Marjanovic wrote:

> ...or, perhaps, a split of the list, say into:
>
>   o debian-x-git
>   o debian-x-bugs
>   o debian-x-pkg-mgr
>
> ?
>
> I'm no debian-x developer, but I do appreciate the human-generated
>  discussions of X issues, keeping my finger on the pulse of Debian's X11.
>  But, sucking down and filtering the continuous stream of commit messages
>  and the like is becoming a real drag.
>
> (Tonight, it looks like >500 already, and they just keep coming....)

Yes, we're planning to move the git commits to the PTS at some point soon.
The current flood, as I explained in an earlier email, is a one-time thing
related to converting the tags from svn to git. Either way, I highly
recommend using procmail or something similar for managing filtering the
way you want it.

 - David Nusinow