libx11: Changes to 'refs/tags/XORG-6_8_99_9'

Tag 'XORG-6_8_99_9' created by Egbert Eich <eich@freedesktop.org> at 1970-01-01 00:00 +0100

Changes since XORG-6_8_99_7:
Egbert Eich:
      gcc4 allows to check if sentinels are correct (a sentinel is the terminating element in a varargs list). A sentinel needs to be NULL, not 0 - which doesn't make a difference on 32bit but matters on 64bit. Furthermore it can be told that functions have a printf-like format string and argument list so that they can verify that both match. To use these features certain attributes need to be set - which are compiler specific. To do this we define macros which are expanded depending on the compiler version. For now we put those in include/Xfuncproto.h (the XFree86 DDX layer contains a file compiler.h which however is not visible outside the DDX) (Bugzilla #3268).

ssp@aware-of-vacuity.boston.redhat.com:
      Require xextproto rather than xextensions
      Make Xdmcp unconditionally required, require various protocol modules.

Søren Sandmann Pedersen:
      Mon May 16 17:48:03 2005 Søren Sandmann <sandmann@redhat.com>

---
 configure.ac       |   12 -