Git Migration COMPLETE

Hi everyone,

   So it's finally done. Every piece of the archive is now on
git.debian.org. The fonts and debian/xorg package should show up on the
main index within 24 hours, but you can browse and pull them down now. With
this, the use of svn is officially for read-only purposes. The exception to
this is if you're making security updates to stable for the monolithic
packages. For all work on the modular packages, please use git instead.

   Several people have expressed a few worries about having to deal with
git. I know it's a bit of a bear to work with at times, but we're here to
help, so please write the list (or myself, but you'll probably get a faster
response if you just write to debian-x) if you have any questions or
problems. Similarly, many of us are on irc in oftc's #debian-x, and we'll
do our best to help you out if you have questions. I've included a ton of
useful links and pointers for learning and working with git on the wiki[0].
In addition, there's a fairly sloppy "tutorial" I wrote to get you going.
It needs work, so don't hesitate to make some suggestions.

   Now that this is done, we've got a clear path to move ahead. Julien has
already started work on getting 7.2 in to experimental (see the various
debian-experimental branches) and with the recent mesa upload the server
and drivers should follow quickly. I, of course, have the roadmap I wrote
up a little while ago for Lenny[1], so if you're looking for stuff to do,
there's plenty waiting there for you :-)

 - David Nusinow

[0] http://wiki.debian.org/XStrikeForce/git-usage

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/XStrikeForce/XSFTODO