Re: Git Migration

David wrote:
> I'll get started on the video
> drivers tomorrow night, although it'll probably take two days or so since
> there's more of them, and at least i810 needs some hand-holding.

I propose omitting the i810-modesetting driver from git.

I understood them to say they're planning to merge the upstream
modesetting branch back into head soon, as in the next couple of weeks,
maybe for X11R7.2 or for X11R7.3 at any rate.  If this is the case then
there's no need for us to continue carrying the separate package and
branch.  Maybe we might as well stick with upstream head for now and
wait and see if they do make the merge by the time we've got the rest
of X11R7.2 ready in unstable. If they take longer about it, then we can
think about adding our own modesetting branch later, and until then we
could always at any rate update i810-modesetting in svn as a special
case.

If we do bring the modesetting branch into git, then I propose we
simply fold it back into i810, as a git branch.  That is, treat the
modesetting branch the same way upstream treats it.  I imagine we'd call
the branch "debian-unstable-modesetting" (with or without a matching
"upstream-*-modesetting").

Drew