Re: x11proto-randr: Changes to 'upstream-unstable'

On Sun, Jan 28, 2007 at 12:13:40AM +1100, Drew Parsons wrote:
> David set up:
> > New branch 'upstream-unstable' available
>

> Hi David, there's a version discrepancy here.  upstream-unstable for
> x11proto-randr in fact refers to v1.2 and seems to be pulled from
> upstream head, while debian-unstable is 1.1.2.

Right, you'll find this is true for all of the packages. In discussion with
Thierry, we realized that it would be a ton of work to figure out the exact
upstream version for each package, and for relatively little payoff. Since
we're nearing release time for Xorg, we'll be syncing to the latest from
upstream anyway, so the upstream-unstable branches should fall in line as
we update for 7.2. This'll save both time and effort, we both agreed it was
worthwhile.

 - David Nusinow