Bug#405859: xserver-xorg-video-mga: freeglut error if there's no Virtual line in xorg config file
- To: Jens Seidel <email@example.com>
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Bug#405859: xserver-xorg-video-mga: freeglut error if there's no Virtual line in xorg config file
- From: Michel Dänzer <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 09:07:15 +0100
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: Michel Dänzer <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <20070108221213.GA4808@pluto>
- References: <20070106195938.GA7719@pluto> <email@example.com> <20070107130147.GA32373@pluto> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20070108221213.GA4808@pluto>
On Mon, 2007-01-08 at 23:12 +0100, Jens Seidel wrote:
> Section "ServerFlags"
> Option "AIGLX" "off"
> Section "Extensions"
> Option "Composite" "Disable"
The latter disables the Composite extension, which isn't related to
AIGLX and disabled by default anyway (unless the Debian X server is
patched to change that, I'm losing track).
> The log file patch against the previous attempt (LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=1)
> is attached and warnings are no longer contained. But even after setting
> LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=1 the application fails to start.
> > BTW, what exactly is GLUT_ALPHA supposed to achieve?
> I'm not sure but believe it just enables Alpha Blending, e.g.
Yes, AFAICT from a web search it requests that the drawable contains an
alpha component, which is only supported with the Composite extension.
So maybe changing the second option above to enable the Composite
extension makes a difference? Note that blending such a drawable against
another drawable will not work correctly with hardware acceleration
currently though. Also note that GLUT_ALPHA is not necessary for alpha
blending while rendering to the drawable.
Earthling Michel Dänzer | http://tungstengraphics.com
Libre software enthusiast | Debian, X and DRI developer