Re: X Strike Force X.Org X11 SVN commit: r4161 - trunk/debian/xorg/debian

On Wed, Dec 20, 2006 at 08:47:11AM +0100, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-12-19 at 22:18 -0500, X Strike Force SVN Repository Admin
> wrote:
> >
> > * Move the depends on xserver-xorg-(input/video)-all to a recommends. Just
> >   depend on the pseudopackages. The recommends also | -vesa for video, and
> >   -kbd and -mouse for -input. We duplicate the recommendation for
> >   xserver-xorg-input-all to handle the two different input packages we need.
> >   This is to deal with issues in which aptitude can't install the -all
> >   packages, so it just picks something random. This gives it some hints,
> >   hopefully at least guaranteeing that -vesa, -kbd, and -mouse are
> >   installed.
>
> The vesa driver doesn't work on most non-x86 machines...

Well, that option is meant to be a failsafe when the xserver-xorg-video-all
package fails to install for whatever reason. Do you have any ideas for a
better failsafe option that could cover us better across more arches?

 - David Nusinow