Re: debian package for i810 driver?

Drew Parsons wrote:
>> Are you saying that [2] has to be applied *on top* of 1.7.2?
>
> Yes that's right.  There's another one too from bug #8594 which I've
> also applied. As you suggested in your other message, a 1.7.3 release
> would contain the patches (or perhaps it should be version 1.8, since it
> needs libdrm >= 2.2 ?).

Thanks for pointing this out - I'll test that too.

>> >From what I can tell, it is already in 1.7.2 - certainly patch seemed to
>> think it was already applied and patch -R applies it cleanly!
>>
>> Am I missing something?
>
> Which source are you working with?  The patches are of course applied
> already in git, but you should find the X.org 1.7.2 tarball does not
> have them.  If you're working with the Debian source and built the
> package yourself for 1.7.2-3 (or -2) you'll see after building that the
> patches have been applied, but not before.

I'm a retard. I was doing this inside an RPM spec file and I forgot to
increment the number for the %patchX macro....  So I was immediately
applying the same patch twice (hense the -R would work!!) Sorry for the
noise.

But while I'm here, our (Mandriva) package contains the following
patch.... not sure if it's needed or if it should be up stream? I've
attached it - it relates to VT switching but no idea if it is needed or
fixes anything!.

FWIW, I'm trying this patch as I get acpi_video related kernel oopses
with 2.6.19 vanilla on Core 2 Duo and want to see if this help!

Col.