Re: X Strike Force X.Org X11 SVN commit: r3712 - trunk/app/compiz/debian

* David Nusinow wrote:
> Hi Thierry,
>
> On Tue, Oct 10, 2006 at 08:37:02PM -0400, X Strike Force SVN Repository Admin wrote:
> > Author: dnusinow
> > Date: 2006-10-10 20:37:01 -0400 (Tue, 10 Oct 2006)
> > New Revision: 3712
> >
> > Modified:
> >    trunk/app/compiz/debian/changelog
> >    trunk/app/compiz/debian/control
> > Log:
> > * Tighten up all the X library build-depends by explicitly using current
> >   versions. Thanks aj.
>
> I asked this on irc, but you weren't around when I was. Is it ok if I
> revert the 0.2 commit on trunk so I can upload this fix?

Why not upload 0.2? It runs fine for me and also has metacity theme support
now. I patched it to build against the metacity currently in unstable.

> It should allow compiz to build on the arches it ftbfs'ed on.

I was under the impression that the FTBFS'es were only due to missing
libxcomposite >= 0.3 on those arches, which should have been fixed by the -3
revision. By the way: -3 was tagged, but was it ever uploaded?

> If you want to do it too, go for it, as I'm not sure I'll be able to do much
> work over the next day or two for personal reasons.

I will probably not get the time until the weekend, but as I said, maybe we
can just upload 0.2-1. That way, we can get an "official" version (tarball
included) in.

 - Thierry