[BUG] Overheating of ATI radeon with Xorg

Let me proceed with my X Window System related stuff.

I have some problems with radeon ATI card on my semi-modern amd64 laptop.
Upgrading in testing (now i'm on sid) to Xorg i've noticed, that my
video-chip fan is going to be crazy, like radeon became a boilerplate.
(Some radeon developer like boilerplates to be under GPL, see
linux/drivers/video/aty/radeon_base.c ;)

Back-porting by hands to xfree86, using little difference i used Xorg's
"/etc" and some libs, but xfree86's drivers. Yes drivers, because i've found,
that problem is in linux-raden_drm - xorg's radeon driver team (obviously).

After some upgrade, i've got broken X with no chance to repair it, i
had real soup of sym-links and files in X directories of xfree86 and
xorg.

But this told me way, I can solve problem with Xorg's radeon.
Switching to some other mode (C-Alt-Plus, Minus) is stopping my
chip to boil (funny, but this was possible because Xorg upgrade caused
keyboard to switch modes on any key pressing ;).

So, this is some kind of bug.

I tried to find some radeon_drm lists, but fail.
Found only typo on <http://wiki.x.org/wiki/ATIProprietaryDriver>:
[ design vrom ATI and from third party board vendors ]

and broken links on <http://dri.freedesktop.org/wiki/DRM>.
<r300.sf.net> is telling, that new X driver may break hardware,
i agree with this.

That's why i'm asking you, people, to report and contact
linux-radeon_drm or somebody else, to make it possible to solve.

Searching and comparing within X logs and radeon drivers in linux
(framebuffer and drm) i found something.

1. /usr/src/linux-source-2.6.16/drivers/video/aty/radeon_pm.c
  Has some power management functions with comments about difference
  with X driver. Maybe i'll try this one later.

2. New line typo in Xorg's radeon driver:
----
(**) RADEON(0): RADEONSwitchMode() !n(**) RADEON(0): RADEONModeInit()
1400x1050     108.00  1400 34208 34320 1688  1050 1052 1055 1063 (24,32)
----

3. Debian's latest (in sid) kernel has 1.22 version of radeon_drm,
  while Xorg wants even later (1.23).

My Xorg log or config maybe accessed by web upon request.
BTW, i have radeon's xorg.conf 'Option "DynamicClocks" "true"', and
this must prevent overheating on mobility radeons on laptops (i guess).

Greetings !

--
 olecom