Re: Please use PTS for commit mails

On Fri, Dec 29, 2006 at 14:57:08 +0100, Julien Cristau wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 20, 2006 at 15:47:48 -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
>
> > The git ones are especially annoying, since they don't contain any diff
> > to read. Why get commit mails if there's no diff..
> >
> Someone needs to change the git "update" hook on alioth to send the
> diffs in those mails.  I don't know git well enough to do that,
> unfortunately.

Looks like 'git-rev-list --pretty' should be replaced by
'git-whatchanged -p' in the hook.  Before I do that, I'd like to have
the opinion of other XSF members:
- do you prefer to get commit mails with or without diffs?
- do you prefer to get commit mails to debian-x or to xorg_cvs@p.qa.d.o?

Note that currently, git commit mails contain an "X-XSF-Commit" header,
for people who want to filter them separately.
Michel seems to prefer to get the mails without diffs, while personally
I like getting the diffs by mail, so other opinions are welcome :)

Cheers,
Julien