Re: X Strike Force X.Org X11 SVN commit: r3978 - in branches/experimental/mesa: configs debian

* X Strike Force SVN Repository Admin wrote:
> Author: beatle
> Date: 2006-11-10 03:40:03 -0500 (Fri, 10 Nov 2006)
> New Revision: 3978
>
> Added:
>    branches/experimental/mesa/configs/debian-dri-optimized-default
> Removed:
>    branches/experimental/mesa/configs/debian-utils
> Modified:
>    branches/experimental/mesa/configs/debian-dri-default
>    branches/experimental/mesa/configs/debian-dri-i386-i686
>    branches/experimental/mesa/debian/rules
> Log:
> Build Mesa utility programs (glxdemo, glxgears, glxheads, glxinfo) together
> with the DRI/GLX-enabled libGL. Don't build the utilities on CPU-optimized
> configurations.
[...]

I forget to bring this up on the mailing list. I thought it was funny that
mesa-utils was apparently not built from the sources in the mesa source
package.

While I'm aware that the utilities themselves don't really change that much, I
still think it would be useful to provide them by the mesa package. That way
they'll always be automatically up-to-date. It is also one package less
needing updates.

Since the Debian XSF is the current maintainer of the mesa-utils package, I
wanted to ask on this list whether there were any objections to having mesa
provide the mesa-utils package.

Thierry