Re: experimental branches

On Mon, Oct 09, 2006 at 08:48:21AM +0200, Thierry Reding wrote:
> Since it's unlikely for compiz 0.2 to go into etch, I was planning on
> building 0.2 for experimental. What would be the best way to do so in SVN?
> Should I just add an experimental branch? I know I could possibly just do
> this in the trunk, but the plan is to keep the packaging separate because I
> will need to fix things in the 0.0.13+git20060928 packages.

Sure, just create branches/experimental/app/ and copy compiz over from
trunk and plug away :-)

> I could also put this into a git repository on alioth if someone adds me to
> the pkg-xorg group. Just trying to rush forward. =)

What's your alioth login? I'll add you, but I don't think we should do this
in git right now because we'd lose the history we already have for the
package.

I'm going to play with the script to convert from svn to git that
ships with git in a month or so when we're really frozen for etch. If
anyone wants to start tackling that now so we can do the conversion for the
whole svn repo quickly when we're ready, that'd kick ass.

 - David Nusinow