Re: debian ivtv driver

Hi,

I've added debian-x to the cc since others may be interested in my
response. (I typo'd the list address first time round, sorry for the
second copy you may receive)

On Thu, 2006-10-05 at 02:58 +0000, Dhaval Patel wrote:
> Hi Ian, I saw your post on the Debian list at
> http://www.mail-archive.com/debian-x@lists.debian.org/msg50668.html and installed your
> package on my Debian testing system with the current xorg and 0.7x driver.
>
> I am trying to use the TV out of my pvr-350 card via a s-video cable. Unfortunately the
> picture is not like it used to be with the older Xorg and 0.4x ivtv driver. It is
> difficult to describe but the colors are not accurate and the picture is not smooth (the
> blue gradient background has diagonal lines all over it like XXXXXXX).
>
> I wonder if you have seen this problem before. Perhaps it is because you are complining
> for a different xorg or ivtv driver?

I'm not sure about testing but in unstable the driver doesn't work at
all due to incompatibilities with X.org 7.1 (testing still has 7.0).
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/ivtv/devel/32242
I've just committed what I've got to the XSF SVN but if there are any
experienced X hackers about who could give any tips about getting it
working I'd appreciate the help.

When I first created the package it was against 7.0 which was still the
version in unstable at the time. I'm not sure what is wrong in your
case, the actual .c files in the X driver haven't changed compared to
the old modular build, just the build system. Did you also upgrade the
kernel driver?

Ian.

--
Ian Campbell

Ogden's Law:
	The sooner you fall behind, the more time you have to catch up.