Bug: xserver-xorg-video-ati does not work with dual output Radeon X700

Hi All,

I am a newbie with debian and wish to report a bug. I hope this is the
right place to do so. I tried to do it throug the bug reporting tool
that comes with the gnome desktop but it didn't have the xserver as an
option.

The driver xserver-xorg-video-ati does not work with X700 ati radeon
dual output Video cards.

The error message from /var/log/Xorg.0.log is:

(II) Primary Device is: PCI 01:00:0
(II) ATI:  Candidate "Device" section "ATI Technologies, Inc. Radeon
X700 (RV410)".
(WW) ATI:  PCI Mach64 in slot 1:0:0 could not be detected!
(WW) ATI:  PCI Mach64 in slot 1:0:1 could not be detected!
(EE) No devices detected.

Fatal server error:
no screens found

Changing the driver to VESA will however get the Xserver up.
Regards,
Bobby