[Bug?] xorg dependencies make installation of libgl1-mesa-swx11 impossible

Hi!

This looks like a bug, but I'm not sure about it, so before reporting
it, I want to ask about it here:

I'm using Etch on a box with a Matrox G450. As running glxgears using
libgl1-mesa-dri crashed my box a while ago (only Alt-SysRq-... worked),
I wanted to install libgl1-mesa-swx11 again.

But with xorg 1:7.0.22, I cannot install "libgl1-mesa-swx11" (see
transcript at the end of this mail).

xorg depends on libgl1-mesa-glx, which provides "libgl1" and thus
conflicts with libgl1-mesa-swx11, which also provides "libgl1".

Is this a bug, or did I miss something? Should xorg only depend on
"libgl1", or shouldn't libgl1-mesa-dri and -swx11 provide "libgl1"?

If it's a bug, should I use reportbug to report it officially?

Best regards

  Marc-Jano (not subscribed, so for further questions, please Cc:)

-------- begin ---------
# aptitude install -PDZ libgl1-mesa-dri- libgl1-mesa-swx11
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading extended state information
Initializing package states... Done
Reading task descriptions... Done
Building tag database... Done
The following packages are BROKEN:
  xorg (D: libgl1-mesa-dri, D: libgl1-mesa-glx)
The following packages will be automatically REMOVED:
  libgl1-mesa-glx <-553kB> (C: libgl1)
  libgl1-mesa-swx11 <+2605kB>
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  libgl1-mesa-dri <-32.6MB> libgl1-mesa-glx <-553kB>
0 packages upgraded, 1 newly installed, 2 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 926kB of archives. After unpacking 30.5MB will be freed.
  xorg: Depends: libgl1-mesa-glx but it is not installable
        Depends: libgl1-mesa-dri but it is not installable
Resolving dependencies...

Remove the following packages:
xorg

Score is -301

Accept this solution? [Y/n/q/?] +libgl1-mesa-glx
  libgl1-mesa-swx11: Conflicts: libgl1 which is a virtual package.
  libgl1-mesa-glx: Conflicts: libgl1 which is a virtual package.
  xorg: Depends: libgl1-mesa-dri but it is not installable
Resolving dependencies...

Remove the following packages:
xorg

Keep the following packages at their current version:
libgl1-mesa-swx11 [Not Installed]

Score is -352

Accept this solution? [Y/n/q/?] +libgl1-mesa-swx11

#