Re: X Strike Force X.Org X11 SVN commit: r3015 - inbranches/7.1/debian/xorg/debian: . local po scripts

> > * Note preliminary 7.1 version, 1:7.1.0~1.  When ready for unstable the
> > ~n suffix can be removed, leaving just 1:7.1.0 in unstable.
>
> Argh. I had specific plans for the versioning of this package that I've
> discussed before on this list and IRC.
>
> The plan is to move the versioning to a non-native version number so that
> upstream stops getting reports like "I'm using debian xorg 7.0.2343243",
> which is clearly crap. Since upstream is at 7.1, the idea is to use 7.1-1
> and so forth. Can we remove that trailing .0? If not, I say we don't use it
> for the rest of this cycle.

Oops sorry about that.  I don't think we can remove .0 now if we want
continuity from experimental.  We can however easily move this time to
1:7.1.0-1, which is almost as good.  In fact almost even technically
correct since upstream could use "7.1.1" to represent an all-module
emergency release.

I'll put 1:7.1.0-1 into trunk without uploading, so you've got a day or
two to change it to something else before we upload the rest of X11R7.1
into unstable.

Drew