Re: xkb-data: Help needed for Macintosh keyboards

Hi Denis

On Tue, Aug 29, 2006 at 01:24:02AM +0200, Denis Barbier wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> PC keyboards have been redesigned in Xfree86 4.3 to allow loading
> several layouts (for instance us+ru+fr); in xkeyboard-config, all
> previous PC layouts have been dropped and replaced by these new
> layouts.
> But Macintosh keyboards have not been updated, mainly because
> upstream does not have such hardware, and also because people
> seem to want different default options for their special keys.
>
> I just uploaded xkb-data_0.8-8exp1_all.deb into experimental [ .. ]

I didn't find it:

http://packages.debian.org/experimental/x11/

or anywhere else ...

Also: I never, IIRC, played with xkb in the last years. What I do is
simply load my edited version of ~/.xmodmap.

Before testing your package I'd like to know what previous versions of
xkb files I need to back up to make sure I don't get locked out of X
because I cannot type a correct passwd any more to get logged in .. :)

I'm on a Powerbook5,8 -- with a qwertz (DE) keyboard.

Thanks in anticipation, and for all of your work.

Best Regards
Wolfgang

--
Wolfgang Pfeiffer: /ICQ: 286585973/ + + +  /AIM: crashinglinux/
http://profiles.yahoo.com/wolfgangpfeiffer

Key ID: E3037113
http://keyserver.mine.nu/pks/lookup?search=0xE3037113&fingerprint=on