Re: Xterm problem with -samename

Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle@freenet.de> wrote:
> ### Since I am not more on this List, please honor my Mail-Follow-Up ###

if it were a bug report, I'd insist on newsgroup followups.

> How can I set it to my choice, e.g. "Help: Fvwm2" or "Help: FvwmButtons"?

mcview is using slang, which assumes that if $TERM is "xterm" (or contains
that string), it can set the title.  If you set it to something close like
"screen", it won't.  You're best off just cloning the xterm terminfo and
renaming it to fool mcview.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net