Re: Where'd GL/GLwMDrawA.h go?

On Mon, 2006-06-19 at 09:10 -0400, Steve M. Robbins wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 19, 2006 at 08:58:10AM +0300, Daniel Stone wrote:
> > On Sun, Jun 18, 2006 at 08:48:46PM -0400, Steve M. Robbins wrote:
> > > Before the Great Fracturing, I believe this file was in
> > > xlibmesa-gl-dev.  Where may I find it now?
> >
> > GLw is not built; it's not in Mesa anywhere that I can see.
>
> Someone else emailed me privately to say that libgl1-mesa-swx11-dev
> has the file.  This package is apparently another build of mesa.  I
> can't keep up with all these things, but my hunch is that combining
> libgl1-mesa-swx11 and GL-from-xorg will cause me grief.  True?

Yes, they'll conflict with each other.

However, building against libgl1-mesa-swx11-dev and running against
another GL implementation shouldn't be a problem (unless the build
process is very broken and checks for stuff that really needs to be
checked at runtime, maybe), see below.

> It appears that libgl1-mesa-swx11-dev is built from mesa 6.4.2, whilst
> GL-from-xorg is built from mesa 6.9.0.

There's no such thing. X.Org upstream no longer ships its own GL stuff
except for the GLX protocol headers, so this will all come from Mesa in
the future.

> Did "GLw" get split out to some other place in the meanwhile?  Or just
> dropped completely?

Looks like it's only the static library in libgl1-mesa-swx11-dev ATM; if
it needs to be a shared library, it should probably be moved into its
own set of packages.