Re: How different is xorg 7.1?

On Mon, Jun 19, 2006 at 08:19:09AM -0600, Steve Avery wrote:
> Is xorg 7.1 so different than 7.0 that it couldn't be in testing by the
> freeze?  Just email me and let me know if I could be of help in any way, I
> would love to see 7.1 on etch.

Not so different at all, but it will require coordinated updates of the
protocol headers, server, and drivers. I don't forsee any problems getting
it in to etch though, and I'm set on shipping etch with it. If you want to
help, just test the packages once they start appearing in experimental
and/or unstable and report the bugs that you find. Thanks for your
interest!

 - David Nusinow